- Reliable 4 WD Vehicle with 2 Speed Transfer Case, 27″ Tires.
- Sorry, No Dirt Bikes, UTVs, ATVs or Side by Sides
- Tow Attachment Points – Front and Rear
- Radio Type as Specified in Each Run Announcement. Leaders cannot waive this requirement.
- Fire Extinguisher
- Tow Strap or Rope (No Metal Hooks)
- Serviceable Spare Tire, Jack, Tire Changing Tools
- First Aid Kit
- Seat Belts for all Passengers
- Secure Battery (No Bungees)
- Mexican Liability Insurance for all Mexico Trips
- Driver must be Licensed, 18 or older or accompanied by guardian.
Please do not participate unless you have all the Basic Equipment, Equipment needed for Difficulty Rating, any Special Equipment and Radio Type indicated in the Run Announcement.
Note: Some Leaders may specify “Special Equipment” in the Run Announcement, such as Extra Fuel, Ham Radio, Winch etc. Please do not participate without the specified equipment.
Note: Each Run Leader specifies the type of radio (ham or CB) to be used on his Run. All participants on that Run must have the type of radio specified.
Several of the Run Leaders now specify that all participants on their runs have Ham Radios. The reason is that Ham Radio is far superior to CB. While we encourage everyone to get their Ham License, a license is not required to buy or monitor Ham frequencies and no license is required to use a radio in an emergency situation. You can buy a good hand held Ham Radio that will work great on the trail for less than $30. on Amazon or Ebay. Look for a Baofeng UV-5.