Required Information In Run Announcement
The purpose of a Run Announcement is to give participants ALL of the information they need to decide if they want to participate in the run, if they have the equipment and/or skill for the Difficulty Rating and exactly when and where to meet. To Post a Run Announcement, send a “Run Announcement” email to email@example.com . You MUST be using the email account you used to Join JustRuns.
Run Announcements Must Include the following.
- The Words, “Run Announcement” in the Subject of the message.
2. Run Location (Name of the Run) i.e “Big Bear Run”.
3. In the Body of the Run Announcement, include the Leader’s Name (At Least a REAL First Name) email address AND Mobile Phone Number.
4. Specific Meeting Location. Include directions to Meeting Place. Not just GPS coordinates.
5. Date of the Run
6. Meeting Time
7.. Meeting Place (directions to Meeting Place) , Do not say “RSVP for Details.
8. Departure Time (Be specific. Not “We will leave around…”) Do not Leave Earlier than the posted Departure Time.
9 . Difficulty Rating
10. Indicate Anything Special Required. (Extra Fuel, Trailer etc.)
11. Indicate Run Type.
12. Indicate Ham Radio Frequency to be used on Run.
13. Runs cannot be restricted to a particular Make/Model 4×4 except they may be restricted by Size if necessary. (example: “No Full Size Vehicles”)
14. Indicate if an RSVP is REQUIRED. If an RSVP is not Required, say “RSVP Appreciated but not Required” or don’t mention RSVP. If an RSVP is REQUESTED, the Run Announcement MUST include the Run Leader’s email address in the Body of the Announcement. eg. “RSVP via email to (Your Email Address)”
15. The Run Leader can Limit the number of participants allowed by indicating the limit on the Run Announcement. If there is a Limit on Participants, require an RSVP with Name, email and mobile phone number
16. Remind participants that they must have ALL the Required Equipment
17. If Camping is involved indicate type:
a. Base Camp or Bobtail ?
b. Facilities ?
c. Tents only or RVs OK?
To Post an Announcement simply send an email message to the JustRuns Group Bulletin Board at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Note: You must be using the Mail Account you used to Join JustRuns.
Optional Run Announcement Form