Required Information In Run Announcement
The purpose of a Run Announcement is to give participants ALL of the information they need to decide if they want to participate in the run, if they have the equipment for the Difficulty Rating and exactly when and where to meet. To Post a Run Announcement, send a “Run Announcement” email to email@example.com Must Include the following.
1. Put “Run Announcement” in the Subject of the message.
2. Run Location (Name of the Run) i.e “Big Bear Run”
3. Leader’s REAL Name (At Least a REAL First Name) email address AND Phone Number.
4. Specific Meeting Location. Include directions to Meeting Place. Not just GPS coordinates.
5. Date of the Run
6. Meeting Time/Place (directions to Meeting Place) , Do not say “RSVP for Details.
7. Departure Time (Be specific. Not “We will leave around…”)
8. Difficulty Rating
9. Indicate Special Equipment if Required. ( Min.Tire size, Lockers etc.)
10. Indicate Required Radio Type to be used on Run ( Only 1 Type for the Run. Either CB or Ham). Leader’s Choice. 11. Runs cannot be restricted to a particular Make/Model 4×4 except they may be restricted by Size if necessary. (example: “No Full Size Vehicles”)
12. Indicate if an RSVP is REQUIRED. If not, say “RSVP Appreciated but not Required” or don’t mention RSVP. If an RSVP is REQUESTED, the Run Announcement MUST include the Run Leader’s email address in the Body of the Announcement. eg. “RSVP via email to (Your Email Address)”
13. The Run Leader can Limit the number of participants allowed by indicating the limit on the Run Announcement.
14. Remind participants that they must have ALL the Required Equipment.
15. If Camping is involved:
a. Base Camp or Bobtail ?
b. Facilities ?
c. Tents only or RVs OK?
To Post an Announcement simply send an email message to the JustRuns Group Bulletin Board at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Note: You must be using the Mail Account you used to Join JustRuns.
Optional Run Announcement Form