Skip to content
Basic Required Equipment for all Runs
- Reliable 4 WD Vehicle with 2 Speed Transfer Case, 27″ Tires.
- No Dirt Bikes, UTVs, ATVs or Side by Sides
- 2 Meter Ham or CB as indicated in each Run Announcement. (Run Leader’s Choice of 1.)
(A Ham license is not required to buy a ham radio or monitor ham frequencies.)
- Tow Attachment Points – Front and Rear
- Fire Extinguisher
- Tow Strap or Rope (No Metal Hooks)
- Serviceable Spare Tire, Jack, Tire Changing Tools
- First Aid Kit
- Seat Belts for all Passengers
- Secure Battery (No Bungees)
- Mexican Liability Insurance for all Mexico Trips
- Driver must be Licensed, 18 or older or accompanied by guardian.
Several of the Run Leaders now specify that all participants on their runs have Ham Radios. The reason is that Ham Radio is far superior to CB. While we encourage everyone to get their Ham License, a license is not required to buy or monitor Ham frequencies and no license is required to use a radio in an emergency situation. You can buy a good hand held Ham Radio that will work great on the trail for less than $30. on Amazon or Ebay. Look for a Baofeng UV-5R.